Terms & Conditions
1. Subscription Features and Limitations
- Under its Concierge Service, Concentric Design will design, host, manage, and update a website on behalf of the Subscriber in exchange for a monthly or annual subscription fee.
- Concierge Service is only available to United States based Subscribers.
- Concentric Design reserves the right to change the Concierge Service fee structure and rates at any time.
- Concierge Service websites do not support the following features.
- Ecommerce or accepting payments
- User-based logins
- Adobe Flash
- Third party website design transfers
- Custom coding or integration with third party APIs
- Concierge Service cannot be applied to managing websites that you or another company built.
- Concierge Service does not include domain registration. Domain registration must be purchased separately.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Concierge Service does not include ongoing SEO or associated marketing efforts.
- Design Platform and Hosting
- Concierge Service websites are designed and hosted on the Squarespace platform and are subject to all Squarespace terms and policies.
2. Website Updates
- Concierge Service includes unlimited content updates during the subscription term. Updates are considered changes to text and images and minor changes throughout the website. Updates do not include major changes to a website's design.
- We do not provide Subscribers with backend access to directly edit websites.
- Content updates can be submitted by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update requests must come from authorized email addresses. These email addresses can be listed during checkout. The Subscriber can add or remove authorized email addresses by emailing email@example.com.
- Update requests will be executed within the turnaround times associated with each plan (Plus plan turnaround is two business days, Basic plan turnaround is five business days).
- Concentric Design will perform content updates directly to the Subscriber’s live site. Concierge Service does not include a draft review process.
- Concentric Design reserves the right to deny any content updates that we deem to be in violation of our Terms of Service or that we don’t think are in the best interest of the Subscriber or the Concierge Service.
3. Acceptable Use
- Subscribers agree to the following acceptable use policies:
- Deceiving And Impersonating Others
- Don’t do anything that's false, fraudulent, inaccurate or deceiving.
- Don’t impersonate another person, company or entity.
- Don’t engage in misleading or unethical marketing or advertising.
- Infringing, Misappropriating And Violating Rights
- Don’t infringe or misappropriate anyone’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
- Don’t violate anyone’s privacy or publicity rights.
- Other Improper Or Illegal Conduct
- Don’t threaten, harass, or abuse any individuals.
- Don’t incite violence.
- Don’t publish sexually explicit or obscene material.
- Don’t condone or promote self-harm.
- Don’t condone or promote violence against any person or group based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, age or disability.
- Don’t violate any laws through the Services, including without limitation all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Deceiving And Impersonating Others
- Concierge Service subscription fees will be automatically charged in accordance with the payment schedule and options selected by the Subscriber. The grant of any license or right of copyright under these terms is conditioned on receipt of full payment.
- If a subscription payment fails, Concentric Design will attempt to charge it again after five days. If this second attempt fails, Concentric Design will attempt to charge the fee again five days after that. If this third attempt fails, the associated Concierge Service subscription will be canceled and the Subscriber website will be removed.
- The Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that Concentric Design retains all rights (including without limitation copyrights) in all of its pre-existing works, intellectual property developed and deliverables delivered hereunder, excluding any works and/or information of Subscriber incorporated in the Concierge Service website. Concentric Design grants to Subscriber a non-sublicensable right to use the Concierge Service website in Subscriber’s business during the subscription term.
- Concentric Design retains ownership of all original artwork, whether preliminary or final.
- Concentric Design shall have the right to include work done as part of its Concierge Service in its marketing portfolio of representative projects (whether online, in hard copy format or any other media or format) and shall have the right to identify Subscriber in Concentric Design’s portfolio as the party for whom the work was performed (including without limitation using Subscriber’s logo to so identify Subscriber).
- Subscriber represents and warrants to Concentric Design that its instructions to Concentric Design and any content, information and/or intellectual property provided by Subscriber do not and will not infringe on any intellectual property rights of any third party, and that all information provided to Concentric Design by Subscriber is true and complete and is not misleading in any way.
- Stock photography and illustrations
- Concierge Service Basic does not include selecting or licensing stock photos or illustrations. All photography and illustrations to be used on the Subscriber’s website must be provided by the Subscriber. These images must be owned or licensed by the Subscriber.
- Concierge Service Plus includes selecting and licensing stock photos and illustrations for use on the Subscriber’s website. This license is non-exclusive and applies only to the Subscriber’s website—images can’t be used elsewhere without additional licensing.
6. Limitation of Liability
The Subscriber accepts sole responsibility for the use and/or viewing of Concentric Design artwork and services and the Subscriber’s websites by third parties and shall indemnify Concentric Design and its members, managers, employees and agents from and against any and all third party claims arising from any such use and/or viewing. Subscriber and Concentric Design disclaim and waive any and all incidental, punitive, indirect and/or consequential damages arising or resulting from Concentric Design’s services under these terms. Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms, the total cumulative liability of Concentric Design and its members, managers, employees, contractors, successors and assigns to the Subscriber and the Subscriber’s members, managers, shareholders, directors, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (including without limitation any and all liability for reasonable attorneys’ fees and expert witness fees and any and all other reasonable costs of litigation and any and all liability for damages resulting from Concentric Design’s negligence) arising from or relating to these terms shall not exceed the total amount of the most recent three (3) months of fees paid under these terms for services rendered to Subscriber, whether based on breach of contract or tort theories or otherwise.
7. Term and Termination
- By subscribing to the Concierge Service, Subscriber agrees to the Terms of Service for the duration of the subscription. These terms are subject to change.
- Concierge Service subscriptions can be canceled at any time by signing in to Subscriber account at concierge.concentric.design/account, or by sending notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once canceled, a Concierge Service website may remain active until the end of its billing cycle and will then be taken down. Concentric Design will retain canceled website data for 30 days after the site has been taken down at which point the data will be deleted. Site content will not be available once a site has been deleted.
- Concentric Design shall have the right to terminate a Concierge Service subscription at any time for any or no reason upon fourteen (14) days’ prior written notice to Subscriber.
- These terms shall not render Concentric Design a partner, agent of, or joint venturer with, the Subscriber for any purpose. Concentric Design is an independent contractor in its relationship with the Subscriber under these terms.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision hereof shall not in any way affect, impair or render unenforceable any other provision hereof. It is intended that if any court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision herein to be invalid or unenforceable as written, such provision and the rest of this contract shall be construed to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
- The laws of the State of Illinois (without regard to conflict of law principles) will govern the interpretation of these terms. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any state court sitting in Cook County, Illinois and any federal court sitting in Chicago, Illinois for any litigation arising out of or relating to these terms, and hereby irrevocably waive any objection to personal jurisdiction and/or venue with respect to any such court.
- Subscriber shall reimburse Concentric Design upon demand for all reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees and litigation costs incurred by Concentric Design in enforcing its rights under these terms, including without limitation in any lawsuit of Concentric Design against Subscriber (and any appeal thereof).
- Concentric Design shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delay or non-performance resulting from any act of God, riot or civil commotion, sabotage, terrorism, war, earthquake, strike, lockout, accident, fire, flood, explosion, epidemic, or other event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Concentric Design.
- Concentric Design reserves the right to subcontract services hereunder to third parties.